What is Unity?
Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to spirituality. It embraces the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path. Unity’s emphasis is on a path of spiritual awakening that moves humanity toward oneness through love, forgiveness, and acceptance of all people. We seek to study and live the universal truths found in all of the wisdom traditions as we create our own individual spiritual path.
The Basic Teachings of Unity are:
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of Life (Truth) are not enough. I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference.
For more information on the Unity teachings, please click on the following link to read the PDF brochure, “Unity: A Path for Spiritual Living,” published by Association of Unity Churches International, dba Unity Worldwide Ministries.