- Considering talking with local life coaches (Denver, CO) to see what coaching is all about?
- Searching for life coaches on line to find the right one to support you?
- Wondering what life coaching is all about?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you decide if coaching is for you:
What is a coach?
A Coach is someone who helps you…
- Discover what holds meaning and purpose for you.
- Gain clarity and focus about what you want and how to take action to do it.
- Identify your core strengths and values.
- Create goals that come alive with meaning and excitement.
- Develop strategies and solutions that move you through obstacles toward meaningful goals that reflect your most valued intentions.
- Reach your goals with clarity, focus, ease and grace.
Coaching…What it is and isn’t
Coaching is an effective way to get clear on what is most important and consciously create the life of meaning and purpose that we hunger for in our lives. At its foundation, it is a sequential process consisting of clarifying your intentions, designing goals, and taking authentic action within a safe, supportive relationship.
Coaching is not psychotherapy, nor should it be used as a substitute for counseling, legal, financial, or medical services. Coaching is also not consulting or advice.
What is the difference between Coaching and Therapy?
- Coaching focuses on observing your present experience and discerning where you want to go. Therapy focuses on analyzing your thoughts and feelings as well as how and why you are where you are.
- Coaching focuses more on the lesson that is available to us in the moment. Therapy is focused on the “issues” of the past.
- Coaching focuses on taking authentic action in order to demonstrate what is most important (life intentions and goals). Therapy is more focused on gaining insights into problems and healing.
What to expect
You can expect to create a powerful partnership with your coach. A coach’s role is to create a safe, confidential, and respectful space, so that you have a container of structure and certainty in the process of pursuing what is most important to you. Your coach will not presume to have or know all the answers because she is not the expert…you are! Your coach will support you accessing your inner wisdom to discover your own answers and discern your own direction.
Coaching sessions are primarily done over the phone. Sessions are 50 minutes in length and are typically held every other week initially. Because coaching is most effective over time, we begin with a 6 session agreement and then adjust to the needs of the client once that is completed.